A Community in Ashes
For overseas readers of this blog, you'll know Victoria (Melbourne is where I live) has been beset by devastating bush fires in this last week.
While the death toll is officially 181 the real toll will definitely be much higher! 1800 houses have been lost and 7000 have no home.
As I looked at the blood red sun going down last night and rising again this morning, I join other Victorians in fearing that the returning heat of this coming week might mean we have more bushfires to deal with.
The fire front is still massive but better contained.
Like all of you, we felt powerless.
Like all good small business people, we decided to take action.
Well what else but get women together to talk to each other? We've called it The Phoenix Lunch. A Women's Networking Lunch in Support of the Red Cross Victorian Bushfire Appeal 2009.
Our target is 150 bums on seats. (That's how many the venue will hold.)
Can YOU help?
- Can you come along to enjoy a great lunch, donate some money, meet some marvellous women, win some stunning prizes, and help reach the 150 target?
- How many of your contacts can you share this invitation with?
- When you think about all the people you know, can you ask any of your contacts for any of the things on our wish list?(see below)
- Can you or your business offer any goods or services to the prize pool?
- Do you or your contacts know any entertainment or sporting celebrities (especially women) who could help raise the profile of The Phoenix Lunch? (We desperately NEED a professional media person to MC the event!)
- Are you interested in promoting your business with marketing materials or offers to be included in the guest’s goodies bag? If you can’t attend, but you'd like to market to these women, then you’ll need to donate $50 to the Bushfire Appeal. (Attendees and donors of prizes with a value of more than $50 can provide promotional material for free.)
- all enquiries or offers can be sent to ThePhoenixLunch@gmail.com
Our Wish List
- A Weekend Getaway
- Women's Clothing
- Mobile Phones
- Electrical goods
- Books and CDs
- Office goods and equipment
- Business coaching and Marketing Consulting
- Dining Vouchers
- Pamper packs (including massages, day spa passes, facials, manicures and pedicures)
- Personal Services (personal training, personal concierge services etc, household cleaning, )
- ANYTHING that might be appealing to women or women in business!